Intensive Adult DBT Outpatient Group
What We offer
- Collaborate work with established providers to assist clients with referrals and aftercare recommendations.
- Education in DBT to family and support system along with recommendation for family support.
- Options for continuation of care with our weekly skills group for maintenance of skills learned in IOP.
Throughout the course of treatment, group members will learn skills to better regulate emotions, thoughts, and behaviors. The DBT modules taught over the duration of treatment are:
- Core Mindfulness
- Dialectical Abstinence
- Distress Tolerance
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Emotion Regulation
- Radically Open DBT.
A Dialectical Approach
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) created by Dr. Marsha Linehan, is a treatment approach that seeks to help "create a life worth living."
Dialectical Behavior Therapy has shown to be effective in:
- Regulating Emotions
- Self-destructive behaviors, including impulsivity and self injurious behavior
- Regulating mood disorders
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Stress Management
- Improving relationships
- Coping with symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Addressing addictive behaviors